Bring out your abuelita’s recipe and participate in MCCLA’s 15th Annual mole contest; enjoy the best authentic flavors of traditional Mole! Mole (pronounced moe-lay) comes from the Nahuatl word mōlli (sauce) or chīlmōlli (chile sauce). Mole has a variety of flavors and styles. Come and check it out!
1) While you can cook the Mole with meat, any pieces of meat in the final sauce will be cause for disqualification.
2) All Mole sauces must be brought in a crockpot.
3) Contestants must bring their own serving spoon.
4) Bring your Mole to MCCLA at 5:30pm on Friday, September 7th.
5) Because the contest has become very popular, bring enough Mole for 200 samples (served in 2oz cups.)
3rd Place: $100
Contact: Alejandro Meza (415) 643-2796 or firstname.lastname@example.org